Friday, March 8, 2013

Mobile Web ...sorta

So since the challenge this week was to create a blogpost through our mobile I decided to accept! Kinda. Since I just got the new Blackberry or the Z10 there are not many functional apps out yet and Blogger is one of them. So the closest I could give you guys was using the Blogger app on my IPad. I've tried this before and I get frustrated every time! Partially because I hate touch screens band partly because autocorrect gets me every time. I suck.

Since the challenge was to write a post from a mobile device I thought it would be fitting to do a post on mobile web. I come from two sides: Blackberry vs iPad. No I don't have an iPhone nor do I see myself getting one (ever). Having had a Blackberry for the past 6 or 7 years (a total of 6 Blackberry devices...now that i think of it I may have a problem), I have never been an app person mostly because the Blackberry was never an app phone and that was fine with me. So in class, when we were discussing web apps it was like a foreign language for a mobile device but not for my iPad.

Since I have the iPad 2 I can access online apps only when I'm on WiFi so basically at home or at Starbucks. This doesn't give me many options using mobile web.

So when I got this Z10 I was exposed to the world of apps. I have gone in so far to start converting Android apps to .bar files to put them on my phone( Instagram people, Insatgram). This made me reflect upon the dependence of the mobile device especially with people my/our age and younger. What would we do without our smartphones ? Seriously. There are no words.

With the mobile web we are constantly connected. It has become such an expected thing to being able to access everything, always. This in so far that on my Crackberry app (yes laugh if you must) people are complaining about the lack of native apps available for the z10. Now all I can thing is, does it really matter? At least you have a phone.

Ps before someone asks I keep my Blackberry because 1) I love it. 2) I believe in supporting the Canadian economy :).

Okay now my fingers and hands are hurting from this touch screen keyboard and never again will, I do a post from the IPad this long ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment